Yokogawa FG110/FG120 Series Signal Generators (discontinued)
Replacement is FG400.
These models have been developed with the concept of a simplified architecture at a low price. With the emphasis on the most often used functions, the concept allows easy operation and gives you the right signals you need in making evaluations. Direct digital synthesis is used to generate highly accurate signals. All these functions make both of these models an excellent choice of a signal source in a wide range of applications, from research and development to production.
- Fully independent 2-channel outputs (FG120) The FG120 permits you to set up various parameters separately such as the type of waveform, output frequency, amplitude and phase for the two channels which are completely independent of each other. The phase difference between the two channels can be set in 0.01 degree increments from -10000 to +10000 degrees, which gives you more flexibility for a variety of applications.
- Output waveforms Sine, square, triangle, ramp, pulse, etc.
- Output frequency DC, 1 uHz to 2 MHz (sine and square waves). You can set up the frequency from 1mHz to as wide as 2 MHz with 1mHz or 10-digit resolution. Direct digital synthesis makes highly accurate and stable frequency signals available to you. Maximum output voltage: +/-10 V
- Fully Programmable GP-IB Interface Each model is designed to allow high-speed control of all panel settings via the GP-IB interface so it can be used in an automated system. Various GP-IB commands are available for your applications.
- Multiple Operation Modes The following four output modes are available for each model: CONT: Provides continuous oscillation. TRIG: Generates a complete waveform any number of times specified (1 to 65536) in synchronization with the trigger signal. GATE: Generates a complete waveform any number of times for as long as the gate signal is enabled. DC: Generates DC voltages.
- Five High-quality Output Waveforms Each model outputs high-quality sine, square (fixed duty cycle of 50%), triangle, ramp, and pulse (variable duty cycle of 5 to 95%) waveforms, along with their inverted forms.
- Maximum Output Swing of 20 Vp-p (at a high-impedance load) Amplitude and offset can be set for an output level. In addition, high and low levels may be set for any output waveform.
- Variable Starting-and-Ending Point of a Phase Besides the phase setting between two channels, the starting-and-ending point of a phase in the TRIG or GATE mode can be set separately for each channel.
- Storing/Recalling Panel Setups Both models can store or recall up to ten different panel setups.
- High Stability Frequency Reference (optional) A high-stability quartz generator with a frequency accuracy of about 1ppm is provided for your application needs where a highly accurate frequency output is essential.
- Low Distortion Output (optional) An optional feature for low distortion output is provided for your application needs where high-purity signals or high-accuracy phases are essential.
- Output Characteristics: 7-segment red LEDs for 9 digits decimal
- Number of channels: FG110 : 1 channel FG120 : 2 channels
- Waveforms output: Sine, Square (fixed duty cycle of 50%), Triangle, Ramp, and Pulse (variable duty cycle from 5% to 95%), and their inverted forms
- Operation modes: CONT (continuous oscillation mode) FG120: phase-continuous and switchable interchannel synchronization, FG110: phase-continuous; TRIG (trigger mode); GATE (gate mode); DC (DC mode), where a square wave cannot be selected in the TRIG and GATE modes
- Frequency range: Sine, square: 1 mHz to 2 MHz Triangle, ramp, pulse: 1 mHz to 100 kHz 1 mHz or 10 digits
- Resolution: 1 mHz or 10 digits.
- Accuracy: ±20 ppm (±1 ppm with option code /XTAL)
- Stability: ±10 ppm (5 to 40°C) (±0.5 ppm [5 to 40°C] with option code /XTAL)
- Voltage range: Switchable between 1-volt and 10-volt ranges
- Maximum output voltage*1: 1-volt range: ±1 V(maximum amplitude plus offset) 10-volt range: ±10 V (maximum amplitude plus offset)
- Amplitude setting*1: 60 VA max 1-volt range: 2 mVp-p to 2 Vp-p (with 0.01 mVp-p or 4-digit resolution) 10-volt range: 20 mVp-p to 20 Vp-p (with 0.1 mVp-p or 4-digit resolution) .
- Offset voltage setting*1: 1-volt range: ±0.999 V (with 0.01 mV resolution) 10-volt range: ±9.99 V(with 0.1 mV resolution)
- Output impedance: 50W ±1% (open when output is off)
- Amplitude accuracy*1: ±(0.5% of setpoint plus 0.2% of range): 1kHz sine wave
- Amplitude-frequency characteristics: Sine ≤ 10 kHz: ±0.1 dB Square ≤ 10 kHz: ±2% ≤ £ 100 kHz: ±0.2 dB Triangle ≤ 10 kHz: ±3% ≤ 1 MHz: ±0.5 dB Ramp ≤ 10 kHz: ±3% ≤ 2 MHz: ±1 dB (RMS values measured at an amplitude of 10 Vp-p, offset voltage of 0 V, 50W load, and scale factor of 0.5, based on a frequency of 1 kHz)
- Offset voltage accuracy*1: ±(0.3% of setpoint plus 0.2% of range plus 0.2% of amplitude setpoint)
- DC mode*1: 1-volt range: ±1 V(with 0.01 mV resolution) 10-volt range: ±10 V (with 0.1 mV resolution)
- DC mode voltage accuracy*1: ±(0.3% of setpoint plus 0.1% of range)
- Harmonics (maximum value in harmonic components from 2nd to 5th order): 10 kHz : –55 dBc or less (–70 dBc or less with option code /DIST1 or DIST2) 100 kHz : –50 dBc or less (–60 dBc or less with option code /DIST1 or DIST2) 2 MHz: –35 dBc or less (–40 dBc or less with option code /DIST1 or DIST2)
- Harmonic distortion*3: 10 kHz: 0.3% or less (0.05% or less with option code /DIST1 or DIST2)
- Spurious responses*4: 100 kHz: –55 dBc or less (–65 dBc or less with option code /DIST1 or DIST2)
- Rise time: Square: 100 ns or less (10% to 90%) Pulse: 200 ns or less (10% to 90%)
- Duty-cycle time accuracy: ≤10 kHz: ±0.2% of 1/frequency setpoint
- Trigger sources: External trigger, MAN TRIG key, and GP-IB
- External trigger input: TL level with pulse width equal to or greater than 250 ns Switchable rise/fall timeTriggering at an interval of 2ms or more after waveform generation
- External gate input: TTL level with pulse width equal to or greater than 2ms Switchable high/low levels Shares the terminal for external trigger inputs
Signal grounding: All the grounds of the I/O connectors must be connected to the case grounding.
Operating temperature range: 5 to 40°C (41 to 104°F)
Operating humidity range: 20 to 80% RH (maximum wet-bulb temperature: 29°C)
Storage temperature: –20 to 60°C (–4 to140°F)
Power: 90 to 110 VAC or 108 to 132 VAC or 207 to 2 53 VAC, 48 to 63 Hz
Power consumption: 60 VA maximum
Weight: Approx. 3.6 kg
Dimensions: Approx. 213(W) ´ 100(H) ´ 330(D)mm
- *1: with high-impedance load
- *2: Crosstalk from CH1 to CH2 when 2-MHz sine wave is applied to CH1 and 1.5-MHz sine wave to CH2, respectively, at an amplitude of 10 Vp-p, offset voltage of 0 V, 50W load and scaling factor of 0.5.
- *3: RMS value of harmonic components from 2nd to 5th order
- *4: At a frequency range of 1 kHz to 20 MHz Recommended operating conditions : Temperature: 23 ±2°C, Humidity: 50% ±10% RH, Power supply voltage: 100 V ±1%