Precision Digital Manometers
- High accuracy: ±0.01% of reading, with a maximum allowable input of 500 kPa (130 kParange model)
- Measurement with DCV and DCA
- 24 V DC output
- Percent reading
- Error reading
- Measurement data memory
- D/A conversion output, comparator output, and external trigger input (optional)
- GPIB and RS232 interfaces
- 12V DC power supply
- Battery operation (optional)
The MT220 provides high performance, high efficiency field calibration. Typically, most plants have a wide range of pressure and differential pressure transmitters in the field. These transmitters are usually calibrated insitu. The MT220 is a portable and versatile digital manometer is designed to calibrate pressure/differential pressure transmitters, maximizing the efficiency of field calibration work.
Field Calibration of Pressure/Differential Pressure Transmitters The MT220 can measure pressure with outstanding accuracy, high resolution, minimal tempco, and excellent stability. It offers a wealth of functions for field calibration, including transmitter output measurement (DCV/DCA functions), 24-V DC output, percent error readout, measurement data memory, and Ni-Cd battery operation. The D/A conversion output makes it simple to output data to a recorder or other equipment. And of course, data output through a GP-IB or RS-232 interface is also possible-including data output during operation on a 12 V DC power supply or Ni-Cd batteries. space
Calibration System Configuration Using a Combination of MT220 and Standard Pressure Source : Calibrating transmitters, pressure sensors and manometers is easy. Simply combine the MT220 with a standard pressure source (e.g., MC100 series) or a handheld pump (e.g., Model BA-11). You can also automate your calibration system by integrating your PC and relevant equipment with the system, making it ideal for a calibration laboratory, for example.
High performance and high efficiency field calibration:In electric power, gas, nuclear power, oil refinery, petrochemical and pharmaceutical plants, numerous sensors are used to measure such variables as pressure, temperature and flow rate, and to automate the process. These sensors must be calibrated periodically to maintain product quality. However, because there are typically so many pressure and differential pressure transmitters out in the field, the transmitters are usually calibrated in-situ. This calibration accounts for much of plant maintenance work. Efficiency is therefore crucial to maintain up-time of equipment and facilities. The MT220 is a precision digital manometer for use with pressure/differential pressure transmitters and is designed to maximize the efficiency of field calibration work.
High allowable input pressure:The maximum allowable input pressure is as high as 500 kPa (such as in the 130 kParange model). Now you don’t have to worry about sensor breakdown due to overrange pressure input.
Functions Tailored to Your Calibration Work: Calibration involves inputting the same pressure level to both a calibrator and a transmitter and comparing the transmitter output with a value measured by the calibrator. The MT220 comes with all the functions you need for such calibration work in the plant or field. Practical functions include measuring transmitter output (15 V or 420 mA), outputting 24 V DC for driving the transmitter, and indicating the transmitter output error as a percent value. The MT220 even has a pressure range preadjusted to that of transmitters.
Assured Compatibility with Earlier Models : The specifications of the MT220 are based on the earlier series of MT120 manometers to ensure compatibility; both series also share the same communications commands.
Other Major Functions: Many other handy functions found on the front and rear panels help you implement your specific applications successfully.
Full Support for Higher Accuracy of Pressure/Differential Pressure TransmittersThe accuracy of pressure/differential pressure transmitters has continued to improve, from ±0.25% to ±0.1%, and now to ±0.075%. That means the accuracy and stability of the manometers used to calibrate these transmitters must keep pace. The MT220 employs Yokogawa’s original silicon resonant sensora high precision pressure sensing device. We’ve also set up an advanced calibration environment, including a tightlycontrolled traceability system. As a result, our calibrators feature basic accuracy as high as ±0.02%, and excellent stability. With the MT220, you can verify the performance of even the most accurate of pressure/differential pressure transmitters, i.e. ±0.075%.
Automation of Pressure Measurement
- D/A Conversion Output (Optional): Outputs a D/A converted signal through the external terminal. This feature lets you easily send measurement data to a measuring system or a recorder.
- Comparator Output and External Trigger Input (Optional): The comparator output provides the result of comparing an input level with preset upper and lower limits through the external terminal. You can also apply a start of measurement trigger using the rising edge of an external trigger signal supplied through the external trigger input. These features help automate your production/inspection lines of pressure-related products.
- GPIB (or RS232) Interface: This feature lets you read measured values into your PC or set measurement conditions from the PC. Communication is still possible even when the MT210/210F series are operated on batteries or the DC power source.