Insulation & Continuity Testers
- Communications: USB interface
- Environmental Protection: IP54
- Fuses: Terminals 500 mA (F) 600 V, 32 x 6 mm Ceramic HBC 10 kA minimum. Display shows if fuse is ruptured.
- Safety: Meets the requirements of IEC61010-1 Cat III 600 V phase to earth. Automatic discharge After an insulation test the item under test will be discharged automatically. Any voltage present will be indicated on the display so that the discharge can be monitored.
- Power supply Battery: 8 x 1,5 V cells IEC LR6 type(AA alkaline). Rechargeable NiCd or NiMH cells may be used. Battery condition is constantly shown on the display as a four-section bargraph.
- Battery Life: 5000 consecutive tests (5 seconds per test) on any test using 2Ah batteries.
- EMC: In accordance with IEC61326 including amendment No.1
- Download software included
- 3 Year manufacturers warranty
- USB interface
- Extremely easy to use
- Tough rubber armoured case
- Self contained protective cover
- Live circuit warning
- Weatherproof to IP54
- Ruggedised waterproof housing to IP54
- Intelligent Safety System for protection.
Developed, after extensive customer research, specifically to meet the needs of today’s electrical contractors, the new MIT300 range of insulation and continuity testers from Megger is not only durable and easy to use, but also incorporates a comprehensive set of features designed to ensure operator safety, even under conditions of accidental misuse.
The range includes four models, ensuring an exact match for the needs of every user, all of which offer automatic discharge of the circuit after testing, audible and visual warning if the test probes are applied to a live circuit, and a test inhibit feature which operates automatically under live circuit conditions. The units also conform fully to IEC 61010-1 for use in Category III 600V applications, and provide all of the facilities needed to meet insulation testing requirements relating to the current edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations.
In line with other products in Megger’s comprehensive new contractor range, MIT300 insulation testers feature rugged construction, with an impact-resistant rubber-overmoulded case, and innovative circuitry which guarantees high accuracy combined with stability of calibration.
All instruments in the new range provide indication of insulation resistance up to 999Mohms, 200mA continuity testing, a fast-reacting continuity buzzer, and facilities for nulling the resistance of the test leads. The entry-level MIT300 offers insulation test voltages of 250V and 500V, while the remaining models allow testing at 250V, 500V and 1,000V.
In addition to the basic features, the mid-range MIT310 adds a default voltmeter function, while the MIT320 supplements these facilities with an a backlit display, illuminated range panel, insulation limit alarm, resistance measurement, and an adjustable threshold for the continuity buzzer. The MEGIT320 is also supplied with a switched test probe to speed hands free testing.
An illuminated switched test probe is available as an optional extra for use with the MIT320. The MIT310, and MIT320 testers incorporate dual solid-state displays which simultaneously show the test results numerically, and in the form of a moving-arc bar graph that accurately simulates the operation of an analog meter.
All testers come complete with a full calibration certificate. For users who prefer a true analog device, however, Megger is offering the MIT310A which has features similar to those of the MIT310, but with a conventional moving-coil meter movement in place of the digital display.