Megger® CM500 Series
Multifunction Insulation Testers
- Combines the functions of several instruments in one unit.
- Non-tripping Loop Test range for tests on RCD protected circuits
- RCD ramp test features actual tripping current
- Stores approximately 750 different test results in internal memory
- Recall results to the display for manual certificate completion
- Direct printer output for on-site printing of test results
The Megger® CM500 Multifunction Installation Tester is a compact product that combines all the functions required to fully test Domestic, Commercial and Industrial fixed wiring, in accordance with International Standards. The CM500 is the first Installation Tester with a nontripping Loop Test guaranteed not to trip any RCD rated 30 mA or above. Its memory and storage capability offers all data to display, download to a PC and a unique on-site print facility.
- Storage of test results
- Recall of test results to instrument display
- Direct serial printer output via RS232 port
- Connect to IBM compatible PC for storage of results
- Ramp Test for measuring RCD actual trip currents
- Variable RCD test current for programmable devices
- Designed and manufactured in accordance with International Safety Standards
- Insulation tests at 250 V, 500 V & 1000 V with 1 mA output
- Continuity tests with 200 mA short circuit capability
- Phase-Phase, Phase-Neutral, Phase-Earth Loop Tests
- High current Loop Testing with 0,01 Ω resolution
- Prospective Earth Fault and Short Circuit Current
Tests in accordance with International Standards and National Wiring Regulations including BS7671 (16th edition wiring regulations) and Euro Standard EN61557. Test lead resistances can be nulled and a continuity buzzer is incorporated for rapid identification of open and short circuits. Settable automatic polarity reversal and result averaging.
Loop tests are performed to a resolution of 0,01 Ω with direct display of PEFC and PSCC. A unique low current Loop Test with 0,1Ω resolution for testing circuits protected by an RCD rated at 30 mA or above, without tripping the RCD, including the newer electronic ones.
Auto-ranging earth resistance function enables measurement of earth electrode resistance on TT systems. Verification of the correct operation of RCDs rated between 10 mA and 1000 mA with trip timing up to 2000 ms. A ramp test indicate actual trip current to aid in fault diagnosis and variable test current function enables the testing of programmable and specialist devices.
Upon connection to the mains supply the polarity and voltage are displayed to show correct wiring of the socket under test and warn of live voltages. Supply frequency is indicated at the touch of a button.
Approximately 750 different results may be saved into internal memory for use later on.
Stored results may be recalled to the CM500 display to enable reviewing and facilitate the manual recording and completion of test reports and certificates.
Test results may be printed directly on site by simply connecting an appropriate serial printer to the RS232 port.
Meets or exceeds the requirements of EN61010-1 Category III 480 V (max) phase-phase.