Megger® BM15 & MJ15 Series
5kV Insulation & Continuity Testers
- Four test voltages to 5 kV
- Voltage range to 600 V indicates auto discharge
- Pass/fail overlays for rapid testing
- Large, single scale analog display
- Auto voltage measurement function indicates conductor and auto discharge potential
- Supplied with optional locking test button for maximum safety
- Safety recessed terminals and long connectors
- Four output test voltages
- Simple to use
- CE marked
- Dual power supply option on MJ15
- Unique scale overlay for pass/fail bands
- Shock mounted analog scale for rugged outdoor use
The BM15 & MJ15 are compact 5 kV insulation testers. They are very simple to use and provide a quick and accurate reading of insulation resistance. The instruments use an analog display with a maximum reading of 20 GΩ.
A voltage range of four test voltages enables measurement of ac or dc conductor potential. The four test voltages available are 500 V, 1 kV, 2.5 kV and 5 kV. The instruments are supplied with a locking or non-locking test button. The locking button allows hands-free testing, the non-locking button is recommended to prevent accidental mis-use and injury.
A bezel allows a scale plate overlay to be added with PASS/FAIL bands for GO/NOGO testing. This is particularly useful for less experienced users and enables a rapid decision to be made. The new instruments have a choice of power source, eight x LR6 (AA) alkaline cells or the MJ15 offers an additional hand cranked generator. If the test button is pressed the MJ15 uses battery power. Otherwise the crank handle is turned to save battery power or for use when the batteries are unavailable. Both units are built into a rugged case designed for outdoor use.
Insulation is important for the safety of all electrical systems, providing a barrier to hazardous live conductors. Insulation can deteriorate due to the affects of moisture, sunlight and heat. A reduction in the value of insulation resistance can lead to a potentially dangerous situation caused by the dangers of electric shock, or arcing causing fire. If insulation resistance is regularly monitored unusually low values can be investigated before they cause danger, or inconvenience and cost due to equipment downtime for repairs.
The BM15 & MJ15 are general purpose, 5 kV insulation testers for electrical contractors and engineers who test machinery, transformers, switchgear, cables, etc.
This BM15 and MJ15 are used by:
- Electrical Contractors
- Maintenance Engineers
- Telecommunications Engineers
- Gas and Water Utilities
- Railway Companies
- Cable Manufacturers
- Mining Companies