Megger® MPM2000 & MPM2000H
Single-Mode Fiber Optic Power Meter
- 850, 1300, 1310 & 1550 nm germanium detector
- Wide dynamic range
- High-power CATV version (MPM2000H)
- dBm and dBrel (relative) measurement modes
- Automatic power down
- dBrel setting retained during power down
- Power down override during dBrel measurements
- Exceptional battery life
- Ruggedized waterproof housing to IP54
- Dry cell or rechargeable operation
- Rechargeable cells charged within instrument
- Can operate and charge internal batteries using optional charger
- 3 Year manufacturers warranty
The MPM2000 and MPM2000H are advanced optical power meters that can be used for optical loss testing of fibre optic cables. These have been precalibrated for absolute power levels with reference to 1 mW (dBm) for 1310 nm and 1550 nm laser frequencies using single mode cables. However, they can also be used in relative power mode and can therefore also be used on multi-mode cables.
Custom Instruments can be produced with a further laser frquencies programmed in at the factory.
The MPM2000 is accurate to ±5% (0.22 dBsm and has a wide dynamic range of +10 dBm ro 70 dBm making it particularly suited for testing of SDII, Telecom and other single mode links. The MPM200H is the high powered version with the same level of accuracy, with a dynamic range of +20dBm to +60dBm, ideal for CATV and other long distance transmission applications.