Fiber Optic Power Meter
- 850, 1300 & 1550nm Germanium Detector
- Wide Dynamic Range
- dBm and dBrel (relative) measurement modes
- Automatic Power Down
- Power Down override during dBrel measurements
- Ruggedised waterproof housing to IP54
- Exceptional battery life
- Detector Type: Germanium
- Wavelength: 850nm, 1300nm & 1550nm typical
- Measurement Range: +5dBm to -60dBm
- Measurement Accuracy: ±0.3dBm (±5%) at -23dBm and +20ºC ±3ºC
- Measurement Resolution: 0.1dBm
- Batteries: 2 x AA Alkaline Cells (NiMh on NiCad can be used)
- Battery consumption: 20mA nominal
- Can operate and charge internal batteries using optional charger
- 3 Year manufacturers warranty
The MPM1000 is an accurate optical power meter that can be used for optical loss testing of fibre optic cables. It has been pre-calibrated for absolute power levels with reference to 1mW (dBm) for 850nm, 1300nm and 1550 nm wavelengths using multi-mode cables. However, it can also be used in relative power mode and can therefore also be used on single-mode cables. The MPM1000 is accurate to ±5% (±0.3dBm) and has a wide dynamic range of +5dBm to -60dBm with a resolution of 0.1dBm.
It is particularly suitable for the testing of LAN’s, FDDI, and other multimode links whether inside or outside a building.
Although the MPM1000′s main use is in fibre optic cable attenuation testing, other applications include fibre continuity testing, connector testing, and patch lead testing.