Technical Outside Sales Representative
Electro-Meters British Columbia (Vancouver)
Job Type: Full Time
Electro-Meters is one of the premier suppliers of Analog and Digital Panel Meters, Transformers and Test and Measurement instruments in North America. Our products include: Analog and Digital Panel Meters, Bargraphs, Industrial Controllers, Indicators, Shunts, Transformers and Transducers. Optical test equipment and Dynamometers as well as a complete line of production test equipment. Our Integrated Services Group designs and fabricates custom test solutions including functional fixtures, test racks and custom cable assemblies.
Electro-Meters is currently seeking a Technical Outside Sales Representative for the province of British Columbia. This is a regional role with mostly local travel and some occasional overnight stays.
The company will offer a very competitive base salary depending on level of experience plus a commission plan and excellent benefits.
Role and Responsibilities:
Promotes, sells, negotiates and secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
Develops clear and effective written proposals and quotations for current and prospective customers. Timely follow up of leads and customer inquiries.
Reports to business unit management on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and the potential for new products and services in the territory.
Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities.
Effectively use tools to manage and build customer relationships – entertainment, business calls, conferences, sales visits and product demonstrations etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Relevant post-secondary education in Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics, plus a minimum 3 years outside sales experience in the sales area.
- Other combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Highly developed verbal and written communication, and negotiation skills
- A direct background with a Canadian rep or distributor representing electrical measurement and test equipment companies is an asset
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and contact management software
- Valid driver’s license and passport required
- Self-driven, self-confident, results oriented and highly motivated to succeed
- Highly developed verbal and written communication, and negotiation skills.
- Achieve sales and profitability goals for product lines selling to end-user clients, OEM clients and the Educational market
- Create and maintain business relationships with Management, Operations, Production, Engineering, Procurement and Maintenance to deploy market penetration strategies for our suppliers
- Understand and communicate customers’ needs to other members of your sales team
- Provide leadership in the management of accounts and build strong business relationships with clients
Individual with sales experience in products related to Data Acquisition, Test and Measurement and industrial automation OR Inside Sales Representative in Automation seeking an Outside Sales position OR candidate who has education in a technical field who is seeking a career in sales
- Knowledge of general purpose test equipment, electrical testing and Data Acquisition desirable
- Results-oriented individual
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Interested candidates may forward their resumes via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state Technical Outside Sales Representative in the subject line of email.