Digital Switchboard Meters
- Scaling of the instrument for PT (potential transformer) primary ratings up to 1250:1; and CT (current transformer) primary ratings up to 5000:1.
- Adjustable transducer output proportionate to the primary input setting.
- Electrical legends (i.e., Watts, Kilowatts, Megawatts) can be set by the user and indicated by a red LED adjacent to the selected legend.
- Display average setting: Adjustable to obtain a “rolling average” of inputs. Increasing the number of samples reduces annoying “digit bounce” by the least significant digit.
- All settings are stored in non-volatile memory. If there is a loss of power to the instrument, all settings will remain as they were prior to power loss.
- Accuracy of ±0.2% of reading, ± 0.1% of full scale.
- True RMS current and voltage measuring capability. This is a desirable feature when distorted waveforms are present on the line. High resolution/high intensity LED displays can be viewed from almost any angle.
The design of the Power Series Plus combines a high accuracy digital switchboard meter with transducer output which can be configured in the field by an end-user, or when installed in new electrical equipment by an OEM. It eliminates requirements for a large inventory of dedicated instruments, and provides flexibility when new panel designs or system upgrades require changes in instrument transformer ratings. Our rugged metal case fits standard panel cutouts for switchboard meters and makes it a perfect replacement for less versatile instruments. The RS-485 communications option allows up to 32 meters to be networked together for remote monitoring and control. In addition, the Power Series Plus can be set up and locked out for security via the remote communications option.
The Power Series Plus is enclosed in a rugged steel case treated with zinc chromate to resist corrosion. The cover assembly and faceplate are constructed of high temperature polycarbonate material and have several gaskets which seal out dust and moisture from the front cover. The 26 position terminal board is a glass-filled polycarbonate material with #8 nickel-plated brass terminals inserted per the connection drawings for the model selected.
The 2493 triple display multi-function power meter is designed for easy retrofits into existing switchboard meter panel cutouts. The 2493 features three easy-to-read LED displays, minimum/maximum values at the touch of a button, scaling up to 1250:1 for potential transformers and 5000:1 for current transformers. Optional 0-1mA DC and 4-20mA DC analog outputs are configurable by the user and RS485 communications option is available at no additional cost. The 2493 is also available with a wide choice of power supply options.