Megger® BM220 & BM223 Series
Insulation & Continuity Testers
- Combined analog arc/digital display
- Backlit LCD for reading in restricted light
- Test lead null facility
- Hands-free continuity testing
- Automatic voltage warning and discharge of circuit under test
The Megger® BM220 series of analog Arc/Digital Insulation and Continuity Testers comprises a range of instruments which offers comprehensive test features in a cost effective package.
Both instruments offer hands free continuity measurement with a short circuit current of greater than 200 mA and an open circuit voltage of 5 V.
Combining an analog arc with a clear 3 digit LCD, the instruments offer a choice of insulation test voltages, with the option of single, dual or triple test voltage instruments. A selectable backlit display is incorporated to ensure readings may be taken in low light areas such as distribution boards or enclosures. All instruments detect inadvertent connection to a live system which is energised to greater than 25 V. Dependent on model, the instruments either switch to the default voltmeter or indicate the presence of voltage by beeping and flashing the display.
Under this condition an insulation or continuity test cannot be carried out and the instrument will therefore automatically inhibit any further action until the source of voltage has been removed. Although insulation tests should only be carried out on de-energised systems, the instruments are protected on all ranges against accidental connection to phase to earth voltages up to 300 V a.c. and phase to phase voltages of 400 V a.c., Installation Category III.
Further indicators illuminate to show a low battery state and if the protective fuse has ruptured. To avoid accidental use of the 1000 V range, an indicator flashes for 3 seconds when the range is selected giving a visual warning. The instruments will automatically shut down after 5 minutes of non use to conserve battery life.
The BM220 Series will find applications in electrical contracting, both on domestic and industrial systems, and in site maintenance and service departments. A choice of instruments allows testing to be carried out on circuits with rated voltages up to 1000 V and all instruments may be used on capacitive circuits since, at the end of an insulation test, the circuit under test will be automatically discharged.
The BM220 Series of Insulation and Continuity Testers are ideal for testing transformers, motors, generators, switchgear, domestic appliances, power tools etc., as well as fixed wiring systems. All instruments meet the requirements of most International Standards including VDE0413 Part 1 and BS7671 (the 16th Edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations).
- Insulation test ranges produce the rated test voltage into a 1 mA load. Testing can be carried out to International Standard requirements.
- Digital display of insulation measurement up to 999 MΩ on either linear or logarithmic backlit analog arc digital display.
- Continuity range has 0,01 Ω resolutioand a short circuit current in excess of 200 mA to meet the requirements of International Standards.
- No need to press the test buttowhecontinuity testing, leaving both hands free.
- Automatic switch-off after 5 minutes’ inactivity conserves battery life.
- Microprocessor control of the solid state digital/ analog display ensures that only the correct scale for the range selected is visible, avoiding taking readings from the wrong scale.
- Automatic voltage detectioavoids accidental contact with dangerously live circuits.
- Auto zero allows automatic compensatiofor test lead resistance.
- Buzzer range operates at <5 Ω.