Cable Route Tracer
- Easy to use and simple to operate, this cable route tracer can be used successfully the first day in the field.
- Conductive coupling lets the operator discriminate between multiple utility cables in a common trench and trace the line of interest. Conductive tracing also increases tracing distance.
- Inductive coupling lets the signal be transmitted without a direct metal-to-metal connection. The operator can trace an energized cable using a distinctive transmitted signal. Also, cables that do not have exposed terminations can be traced with ease.
- Both peak- and null-tracing mode methods can be used during a single trace to ensure accuracy and speed. Null tracing is very fast and can be used to identify sharp direction changes. Peak tracing can be used to find the cable at the start of the trace and to identify cable location when conditions make null tracing ineffective. Superinductive circuitry allows, in the inductive tracing mode, the AccuTrace to trace longer lengths than any known competitor. If conditions such as cable depth make normal inductive tracing inefficient, the superinductor will produce a signal that the receiver can trace.
- The receiver picks up only the distinctive transmitted signal by filtering out electric noise and static.
- Extremely loud, adjustable audio output eliminates the need for headphones in noisy areas. This makes the AccuTrace more comfortable and easier to use than units requiring headphones and visual interpretation.
- Extremely lightweight receiver increases operator comfort when tracing long cables or when using for extended periods.
- Peak- and null-tracing capability
- Traces and determines depth of any conductive line
- Traces energized or de-energized lines through inductive or conductive coupling
- Extremely lightweight receiver
AccuTrace locates and traces any conductive line such as cable, pipe or metallic conduit. Depth of the line can be established quickly by taking advantage of the swivelmounted antenna. Adding an optional ring clamp to the system provides a stronger inductive signal for tracing in areas with heavy cable activity. Blockages in water pipes such as sewer lines can be found with the use of an optional watertight capsule transmitter. A tape-on transmitter lets the operator locate collapsed duct work.
The AccuTrace Cable Route Tracer consists of a transmitter, which energizes the line with a traceable signal, and a portable receiver, which detects the signal. The transmitter can energize the line either by magnetic induction from a built-in antenna or by direct conductive connection to the metallic line.Energizing the line conductively provides increased tracing distance and minimizes signal coupling to other lines. Inductive coupling, which does not require a mechanical connection to the line, permits a buried line to be traced without uncovering or de-energizing it.
The transmitter provides a simple LO/HI pushbutton to adjust the transmitted signal’s strength, and a PULSE button for battery conservation and easy identification of the signal. The receiver can be used to trace lines using either peaks (detection of the maximum signal) or nulls (detection of the minimum, or zero, signal). The antenna is swivel-mounted for operation in vertical, horizontal or 45 mode used to calculate depth. The receiver provides audible and visual indication of detected signal strength. Simple controls adjust sensitivity and amplification, and a jack provides for audio output to an optional headset. Standard AA batteries provide up to30 hours of continuous operation. When the receiver is not in use, the telescoping handle retracts for convenient, compact storage.
Depth Limit: 20 to 30 ft (6 to 9 m) Range: 5 ft to 3 miles (1.5 m to 5 km) Transmit Frequency: 116 kHz Pulse Rate: 5 to 10 Hz Output Voltage Conductive Mode, No Load:48 V peak-to-peak on HI, 27 V peak-to-peak on LO Power Source: Eight AA, 1.5-volt alkaline batteries Temperature Range Operating: 32 to 158° F (0 to 70° C) Storage: –149 to +174° F (–65 to +79° C) Humidity: Moisture resistant Dimensions: Transmitter 3.5H x 4.75W x 11D in. (90H x 120W x 280D mm) Receiver (extended) 27 in. (680 mm) Weight Transmitter: 2 lb (0.9 kg) Receiver: 2.5 lb (1.1 kg) Accessory Kit: 1.75 lb (0.8 kg) The ring clamp is optionally available.