Megger ® TDR500
Time Domain Reflectometer
- Hand held operation
- High contrast monochrome graphic LCD display (122 x 32 pixel).
- Resolution to 1% of range.
- Adjustable display contrast
- Environmental protection to IP54
- Display distance in metres or feet.
- Uses standard AA (6LR61) primary or rechargeable cells
- 3 year warranty reduces long term ownership cost
- Simple operatation
- Warble tone generator
- Velocity Factor from 0.30 to 0.99
- Range to 3 km
- Tough ABS case
- IP54 Environmental Protection
- Carry case & test leads included
The Megger‚ TDR500 cable fault locator breaks new ground as a cost effective high specification hand held Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR) for locating faults on metallic cables. Designed for the field engineer requiring a low cost solution to field testing, the TDR500 offers all the benefits of Megger build quality and reliability in a high quality affordable package.
The TDR500 is suitable for virtually all types of transmission cable including twisted pair, coaxial and parallel conductors. Condition of the entire cable or section is displayed graphically.30m to 3 km Range
Suitable for identifying and locating a range of cable faults from a few metres up to 3 Km on non-energised cables. Cable characteristics are clearly displayed on the 122 x 32 pixel LCD display.Simple Operation
Operation of the TDR500 is simplicity itself. No multifunction keys to confuse the operator. Each button has its own dedicated function. Just connect the test lead to the de-energised cable to be tested. Switch on the TDR and set the Velocity factor.Cable route tracing
The TDR500 can inject an oscillating 810 Hz/1.11 kHz tone onto the de-energised transmission line or power line. The warble tone allows the engineer to trace the faulty cable pair with the use of a commercially available tone tracing probe.
- Non-energised cable testing and tracing including: Traditional ‘Transmission Medium Test Equipment’
- CATV (Cable TV)
- Electrical Contractors
- Network Installers
- IT Departments
- Railway signalling
- Private networks
- Campus and industrial networks
- Building automation
- Stock control
- Cable distribution channels
- Cable manufacturers
- Industrial communications
- Fieldbus network installations
- Site maintenance engineers