Megger ® TDR1000
Time Domain Reflectometer
- Simple operation, adjustable display contrast
- Fast fault find facility
- Resolution to 1% of range.
- Resolution to 0.1 m
- TX Null transmission pulse nulling
- User selectable output impedance 25 Ω, 50 Ω, 75 Ω and 100 Ω
- Adjustable cable impedance
- Range, gain & cursor automatically adjusted to find event on button press
- Display distance in metres or feet
- Uses six AA (6LR61) primary cells
- No blocking filter required
- IP54 rating
Control of the TDR1000/2 has been simplified with each key having a dedicated function, such as cursor left and right, Velocity factor, range etc. Training times are dramatically reduced, and with less chance of time consuming mistakes, productivity is improved. spaceTX Null
TX Null eliminates the ‘dead zone’ at the start of the displayed trace, normally obscured by the transmission pulse. By adjusting the TX Null control the user can see these ‘near end’ faults clearly.Fast Find Key
Reduces the time taken to find major reflections on the cable. One press of the find key automatically adjusts the range and gain and positions the cursor to the major event on the cable within seconds, removing the need for the engineer to gradually scroll through the ranges looking for the fault or the end of cable reflection.
The TDR1000/2 is a hand held, compact Time Domain Reflectometer for locating faults on metallic cables. It has a minimum resolution of 0.1m/0.3ft and a 3km/9kft maximum range depending on Velocity factor selected and cable type.
Four output impedances are available (25, 50, 75, and 100 ohms) and a velocity factor between 0.2 and 0.99 will meet any cable test requirements
The Megger TDR1000 features all the benefits of a simple low-cost hand-held TDR. Ease of use is a key feature and with a simple ‘one Key one function’ approach. Automatic Event Location further simplifies operation producing a reduction in training time and product familiarization.
- Safety: This instrument complies with IEC61010-1 for connection to live systems up to 300 V CAT III. Fused leads must be used if the voltage between the terminals exceeds 300 V
- EMC: Complies with Electromagnetic Compatibility Specifications (Light industrial) BS EN 61326-1, with a minimum performance of ‘B’ for all immunity tests
- Mechanical: The instrument is designed for use indoors or outdoors and is rated to IP54
- Case Dimensions: 230 x 115 x 48 mm 9 x 4.5 x 2 Inches
- Instrument weight: 0.6kg (1.32lbs)
- Case material: ABS
- Operational Temperature: -15ºC to +50ºC (5ºF to 122ºF)
- Storage Temperature: -20ºC to 70ºC (-4ºF to 158ºF)